26/11: Last NSG men in Mumbai bow out this year
New Delhi: The third anniversary of the
26/11 Mumbai terror attacks has brought a nostalgic moment for
the elite NSG as its last commando who was part of operation
`Black Tornado` will be leaving the force.
Brigadier S C Rangi, the Force Commander (FC) of the
crack commandos based in Manesar near here, will exit from the
National Security Guard (NSG) on November 28, exactly three
years after the day on which the NSG completed its task of
eliminating 10 Pakistani terrorists who took Mumbai hostage
for over 60 hours in 2008.
Prior to Brigadier Rangi, Commander of the 51 Special
Action Group (SAG), Colonel Sunil Sheoran, who along with him
flew to Mumbai on the night of November 26 three years back to
take on the 10 Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists, left the crack
force to join his parent unit.
The deputation tenures of the officers and commandos is
for three years in the premier counter-terrorist force.
"I had joined the NSG few months before the Mumbai
operation and I am the last to leave.
I saw my boys and other
officers leaving the force in the last few months," Rangi, who
commands both the counter-terrorist and counter-hijack units
of commandos based in NSG garrison said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'