2G case: Balwa allowed to file RTI plea to CBI
New Delhi: Swan Telecom Promoter Shahid
Usman Balwa, an accused in 2G spectrum allocation scam, was
on Thursday allowed by a Delhi court to file RTI applications
seeking information and documents relating to the case from
Special CBI Judge O P Saini permitted Balwa to sign
the Right to Information application in which he has sought
from CBI the case diary and transcripts of the recorded
conversation between corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and
politicians, corporate executives and journalists.
"The application is allowed," the judge said after CBI
did not oppose Balwa`s plea.
Balwa, in his RTI application, is seeking information
like the final report prepared by the investigating officer,
progress report in the investigation and statements of all the
accused in 2G spectrum case.
He has also sought the recorded statement of all the
suspects who were interrogated during the probe but were not
charge sheeted by CBI.
He has also sought details of all the correspondance
exchanged between CBI, its investigation officer and its legal
department during the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP