2G case: Balwa allowed to file RTI plea to CBI
New Delhi: Swan Telecom Promoter Shahid
Usman Balwa, an accused in 2G spectrum allocation scam, was
on Thursday allowed by a Delhi court to file RTI applications
seeking information and documents relating to the case from
Special CBI Judge O P Saini permitted Balwa to sign
the Right to Information application in which he has sought
from CBI the case diary and transcripts of the recorded
conversation between corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and
politicians, corporate executives and journalists.
"The application is allowed," the judge said after CBI
did not oppose Balwa`s plea.
Balwa, in his RTI application, is seeking information
like the final report prepared by the investigating officer,
progress report in the investigation and statements of all the
accused in 2G spectrum case.
He has also sought the recorded statement of all the
suspects who were interrogated during the probe but were not
charge sheeted by CBI.
He has also sought details of all the correspondance
exchanged between CBI, its investigation officer and its legal
department during the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling