2G: DoT officials not told about distribution of LoIs prior
New Delhi: A Delhi Court was on Wednesday told that the DoT officials, called for a meeting in the committee room of Sanchar Bhawan on January 10, 2008, were not aware that they had gathered there to distribute the Letter of Intents for 2G spectrum allocation to telecom firms.
Ashok Kumar Dhar, a retired official of the Department of Telecom (DoT), testified to the court of Special Judge O P (rpt O P) Saini that they were not briefed in advance about the process of distribution of LoIs and A K Srivastava, the then deputy director general, was the senior most officer and the over all in-charge for the purpose.
Dhar, who deposed as CBI witness in the case said on the day when LoIs were distributed, he along with other three DoT officials was called by his senior in the committee room of Sanchar Bhawan and was told that they have to give the LoIs to the representatives of the telecom firms.
"Once all of us (DoT officials and telecom companies` representatives) assembled in the committee room, we were told the purpose of assembling in the committee room, that is, distribution of LOIs," Dhar told the court.
Dhar, who was made to sit on the second counter to distribute the LoIs, said nobody had asked him to favour or disfavour anybody.
His deposition assumes importance as the CBI in its first charge sheet filed on April 2, 2011 had said that the "ill conceived" design of establishing four counters to distribute LoIs to companies made a "mockery" of First-Come-First-Served (FCFS) policy.
"This desperate race to the reception area led to a lot chaos which also resulted in a situation that physical fitness of the representatives became the main deciding factor for the priority in submission of compliance of LoIs and entry fee etc making a mockery of the FCFS policy," it had said in the charge sheet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India