3 held in Bihar for Delhi-based businessman`s kidnap
New Delhi: Three persons were arrested in Bihar for allegedly kidnapping a Delhi-based businessman and his aide and demanding ransom from his family, police said on Monday.
Pramod Kumar Ray, Rajesh Kumar Mehto and Suresh Kumar Sharma were arrested in Samastipur in Bihar and debit cards and mobile phones were recovered from their possession.
The arrest came on a complaint filed by one Monika Mehra who alleged that her husband Ajay Kumar and his employee Dharamveer had gone to Bihar to purchase a land in Patna but were kidnapped by unknown persons who demanded ransom for his release.
Ajay had called Rahul, his another employee, and informed him that he and Dharamveer have been kidnapped by some persons and they are demanding 20-25 lakh ransom for their release.
"Later Ajay called Rahul and told him that he should deposit Rs 15,000 in his mother`s account and one Shailender, who should be picked up by Rahul from Metro Station, would come to his office at around 1100 hours yesterday to collect Rs 10 lakh," a senior police official said.
During the course of investigation, one person named Surender, who had come to collect the ransom amount from the house of the victim, was apprehended.
"During interrogation, Surender told police that he had come to collect the money on the direction of one Pramod. Surender works as transporter of money and gets commission for transporting the money from Delhi to Bihar. On the instance and at the time fixed between Surender and Pramod, a trap was laid yesterday in Bihar and Pramod and Rajesh were arrested," the official said.
Both Ajay and Dharamveer were rescued from the house of Pramod in Saidpur village in Samastipur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'