3 suspects of Delhi HC blast hiding in J&K
New Delhi: Security forces have zeroed in
snow-covered seven villages in the higher reaches of Kishtwar
district in Jammu and Kashmir where three suspects in the
Delhi High Court blast case are believed to be hiding.
Official sources said the security agencies have definite
information that Amir Ali Kamal alias Akram, Junaid Akram
Malik alias Juni alias Umair and Shakir Hussain Sheikh alias
Chota Hafiz alias Adil, who were allegedly played a crucial
role in the conspiracy behind the Delhi High Court blast on
September 7, were hiding in the mountainous belt.
"Because of the heavy snow fall in the area, the
operations against the three suspects have been hampered. But
we are pretty sure that the three have not been able to move
out due to our strict vigil and inclement weather," a source
The National Investigation Agency, which is probing the
case, had already announced a Rs 10 lakh reward to anyone
giving information about them.
The three militants are suspected to be associated with
Hizbul Mujahideen and Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami.
Amir (25), a resident of Kichloo Mohlla, has been active
since 2008 and is currently operating in Kishtwar-Doda belt.
He is also alleged to have been involved in several
terrorist activities in the Chinab Valley belt, sources said.
Shakir, 25, who belongs to Palmar area in Kishtwar
district, is his deputy and is active in the mountainous belt
The third, 19-year-old Junaid, belongs to Dugga area of
the district and was allegedly lured to militancy by Amir Ali
His brother Waseem, a medical student studying in a
college in Bangladesh, is currently in Tihar jail in
connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Market-cap of top 10 companies swells by Rs 98,598 cr, ITC biggest gainer
- Mika Singh opens up about making an appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Railway conducts trial for high-speed Talgo trains
- Akshay Kumar has a special message for his fans in France! – Watch
- Sansui eyes revenue of Rs 2,500 cr from TV segment in 2017