30 activists court arrest to call off Jat stir over reservation
Ghaziabad: Thirty Jat local leaders on Sunday courted arrest and were later released on bail after they called off their stir demanding reservation in government jobs for their community.
Activists of All-India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti (AIJASS) led by general secretary Satyapal Chodhury were arrested by Circle Officer Ranvijay Singh.
Yashpal Malik, spokesman for AIJASS, addressed a group of protesters in Shamsher village, saying the agitation would go on for an indefinite period. The Jat leaders, however, called off the protest and courted arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'