30 furniture shops gutted in Delhi
New Delhi: At least 30 furniture shops were gutted by a fire early Thursday morning here, a fire brigade officer said.
The incident occurred in east Delhi`s Trilokpuri area early due to an electrical short circuiting in one of the shops, the officer said.
At least 16 fire tenders were pressed into service and the flames were doused in two hours, he added.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Four arrested, says Prakash Javadekar
- SC rejects TRAI's plea on IUC case from Gujarat High Court to Delhi HC
- Chairman Hamid Ansari asks TMC MP Sukhendu Sekhar Roy to leave Rajya Sabha – Know why
- Maruti Suzuki sales jump 13% in April at 1,26,569 units
- PHOTO: Mumbai Indians' Jonty Rhodes in 'Pujari' avatar