31 ACs were installed at Sheila Dikshit`s official residence as CM
New Delhi: As many as 31 air conditioners and 25 heaters were among a number of electrical appliances installed in the official bungalow of Sheila Dikshit in Delhi when she was Chief Minister.
An official response to an RTI query said Dikshit`s residence on 3-Motilal Nehru Marg, which has now been allotted to former prime minister Manmohan Singh, had at least 31 air conditioners, 15 desert coolers, 25 heaters, 16 air purifiers, 12 geysers among others.
An expense of Rs 16.81 lakh was incurred on the electrical renovation of the bungalow that time to customise it according to the needs of then Chief Minister, CPWD said.
Giving the list of appliances and fixtures removed from Dikshit`s residence after she moved to Kerala Raj Bhavan as Governor, CPWD has said these equipment were being partially utilised in various government offices as per requirement.
"The remaining air conditioners and fixtures shall be utilised as and when requirement arises," the reply provided to RTI activist Subhash Agrawal said.
Three-term Chief Minister Dikshit had vacated the four-bedroom bungalow constructed in 1920 and spread over 3.5 acres after suffering defeat in the election last year.
Dikshit had moved to a 2,000-sq ft, three-bedroom flat in a private apartment on Ferozeshah Road in central Delhi after vacating the Motilal Nehru Marg bungalow.
The bungalow was recently renovated with all the floor, roof and plaster damages having been repaired for former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at the cost of Rs 35 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered