32-yr-old woman molested in central Delhi
New Delhi: A 32-year-old woman was allegedly molested by a young man in inebriated condition at a park in Central Delhi with the victim claiming that she was forced to take the offender to a near-by police station after her attempts to reach the cops via helplines failed.
The victim, who is into import-export business of scarves in Maharani Bagh in south Delhi, said the incident took place at around 6:30 PM yesterday when she was out for a walk at Lodi Garden in central Delhi.
Anand, 28, who works at a video rental shop in near-by Khan Market had allegedly molested the woman when she walking.
The woman alleged that her calls made to recently-launched `181` and Delhi Police`s helpline number of `100` for assistance proved futile.
Since her calls to police and the helpline did not materialise, the woman forcefully took him in her luxury car and drove straight to Tughlaq Road police station.
Anand has been booked for molestation, senior police official K C Dwivedi said, adding that a PCR van was sent based on her request.
However, the woman claimed it came 20 minutes after she had called the helpline number.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway