32-yr-old woman molested in central Delhi
New Delhi: A 32-year-old woman was allegedly molested by a young man in inebriated condition at a park in Central Delhi with the victim claiming that she was forced to take the offender to a near-by police station after her attempts to reach the cops via helplines failed.
The victim, who is into import-export business of scarves in Maharani Bagh in south Delhi, said the incident took place at around 6:30 PM yesterday when she was out for a walk at Lodi Garden in central Delhi.
Anand, 28, who works at a video rental shop in near-by Khan Market had allegedly molested the woman when she walking.
The woman alleged that her calls made to recently-launched `181` and Delhi Police`s helpline number of `100` for assistance proved futile.
Since her calls to police and the helpline did not materialise, the woman forcefully took him in her luxury car and drove straight to Tughlaq Road police station.
Anand has been booked for molestation, senior police official K C Dwivedi said, adding that a PCR van was sent based on her request.
However, the woman claimed it came 20 minutes after she had called the helpline number.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest