33 juveniles escape from Delhi correctional home, 14 held
New Delhi: Thirty-three inmates of a juvenile home in North West Delhi escaped, out of which 14 have been arrested, police said on Sunday.
The incident was reported at Seva Kutir, a juvenile home located at Mukherjee Nagar area of North West Delhi.
"At 8:30 pm yesterday, around 58 juveniles went up to the home`s terrace where they started shouting, burnt mattresses and pelted stones. They also tampered with a few cylinders because of which gas leaked," said police.
Later, they broke doors and damaged property inside the home. Thirty-three of them managed to flee outside from the terrace.
Today morning, 14 of them were apprehended by the police while rest are still missing. The boys are in the age group of 15-17 years old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH