33 juveniles escape from Delhi correctional home, 14 held
New Delhi: Thirty-three inmates of a juvenile home in North West Delhi escaped, out of which 14 have been arrested, police said on Sunday.
The incident was reported at Seva Kutir, a juvenile home located at Mukherjee Nagar area of North West Delhi.
"At 8:30 pm yesterday, around 58 juveniles went up to the home`s terrace where they started shouting, burnt mattresses and pelted stones. They also tampered with a few cylinders because of which gas leaked," said police.
Later, they broke doors and damaged property inside the home. Thirty-three of them managed to flee outside from the terrace.
Today morning, 14 of them were apprehended by the police while rest are still missing. The boys are in the age group of 15-17 years old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...