33 juveniles escape from Delhi correctional home, 14 held
New Delhi: Thirty-three inmates of a juvenile home in North West Delhi escaped, out of which 14 have been arrested, police said on Sunday.
The incident was reported at Seva Kutir, a juvenile home located at Mukherjee Nagar area of North West Delhi.
"At 8:30 pm yesterday, around 58 juveniles went up to the home`s terrace where they started shouting, burnt mattresses and pelted stones. They also tampered with a few cylinders because of which gas leaked," said police.
Later, they broke doors and damaged property inside the home. Thirty-three of them managed to flee outside from the terrace.
Today morning, 14 of them were apprehended by the police while rest are still missing. The boys are in the age group of 15-17 years old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official