33 juveniles escape from Delhi correctional home, 14 held
New Delhi: Thirty-three inmates of a juvenile home in North West Delhi escaped, out of which 14 have been arrested, police said on Sunday.
The incident was reported at Seva Kutir, a juvenile home located at Mukherjee Nagar area of North West Delhi.
"At 8:30 pm yesterday, around 58 juveniles went up to the home`s terrace where they started shouting, burnt mattresses and pelted stones. They also tampered with a few cylinders because of which gas leaked," said police.
Later, they broke doors and damaged property inside the home. Thirty-three of them managed to flee outside from the terrace.
Today morning, 14 of them were apprehended by the police while rest are still missing. The boys are in the age group of 15-17 years old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach