33 juveniles escape from Delhi correctional home, 14 held
New Delhi: Thirty-three inmates of a juvenile home in North West Delhi escaped, out of which 14 have been arrested, police said on Sunday.
The incident was reported at Seva Kutir, a juvenile home located at Mukherjee Nagar area of North West Delhi.
"At 8:30 pm yesterday, around 58 juveniles went up to the home`s terrace where they started shouting, burnt mattresses and pelted stones. They also tampered with a few cylinders because of which gas leaked," said police.
Later, they broke doors and damaged property inside the home. Thirty-three of them managed to flee outside from the terrace.
Today morning, 14 of them were apprehended by the police while rest are still missing. The boys are in the age group of 15-17 years old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Premier Futsal: Mumbai 5's crowned champions of inaugural edition
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police
- Shoulder injury forces Serena Williams out of Montreal