35 inmates escape from Delhi juvenile home
New Delhi: At least 35 inmates escaped from a juvenile justice home here Monday when the security staff were shifting two of them to another home in the city, police said.
The incident happened around 4 p.m. at a juvenile justice home in Mukherjee Nagar, when two of them were being shifted to another one located in Majnu Ka Tila area.
In December 2013, the same number of inmates escaped following a scuffle inside the home.
As many as 139 juveniles are lodged in the home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar