39 new dengue cases, number of affected persons reaches 1,697
New Delhi: 39 fresh cases of dengue were reported in the capital on Sunday which took the total number of affected persons this season to 1,697.
Out of these, 1,685 dengue cases have been reported from Delhi itself and 12 persons, who have so far been tested positive, belong to outside, according to South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC).
Four persons, including two kids, have so far succumbed to dengue ever since the deadly disease started spreading here early last month.
SDMC has reported the maximum number of 6,48 cases, while 560 cases were detected from the North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) area and 420 from East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC).
Other such cases have been reported from New Delhi Municipal Council and Delhi cantonment areas.
In 2011, a total of 837 cases were reported and five deaths while in 2010, a total of 5,682 dengue cases and eight deaths were recorded in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried