3rd International Kite Festival kicks off in Delhi
New Delhi: Kites of various colours and shapes were witnessed in the Delhi skies as the third International Kite Festival kicked off here on Friday.
The festival was inaugurated by Somnath Bharti, Delhi Minister of Law, Tourism, Administrative Reforms and Art & Culture, at the Golden Jubilee Park near Old Yamuna Bridge.
Lauding Delhi Tourism`s initiative organising the kite festival, he said that this type of festivals provides an opportunity for people to unite across religion and regions.
He also added that efforts should be made to organize it at a larger scale and participation of people from various parts of the country should be encouraged.
The first day of the festival saw a huge turnout of people, who came to witness kites of various shapes such as dragon-shaped, hexagon, ring etc in the skies.
The highlight were the kite trails of more than 100 kites and the LED kites which were flown in the evening.
The kite flying was followed by folk performances by artistes from Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana, Manipur and Punjab which enthralled the visitors.
The second day will include a magic show and a painting competition for children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9: This Video reveals how well does Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma know his team-mates!
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months
- Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez provide qualifying boost for Force India