4 convicted of breaking man`s leg released on probation
New Delhi: A bus driver, his wife and his two brothers-in-law, held guilty of breaking a man`s leg with a hammer, have been released on probation by a Delhi court.
Convicting North West Delhi resident Jainder Singh, his wife Madhu and brothers-in-laws Rakesh and Sakender of grievously injuring complainant Mahender Singh, Additional Sessions Judge Virender Kumar Goyal let them off on probation of good conduct on the ground that they were first-time offenders and had no criminal history.
"The four are not previous convicts nor habitual offenders. The offence... Being their first one, I think it appropriate after considering the facts and circumstances of the case with age, character and antecedents of all the convicts, that they should be given the benefit of probation of good conduct," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, the four accused had on the night of March 27, 2010 overpowered Mahender when he was returning home and had beaten him up near Amrit Vihar here.
It alleged that accused Madhu handed over the hammer to Sakender, who had attacked him with it while Rakesh and Jainder had held him down.
During the trial, Mahender submitted to the court his medical reports as per which he had suffered a fracture in his left leg.
The accused, on the other hand, told the court that the complainant and Jainder were consuming liquor on the night of the alleged incident and that Mahender had started abusing Madhu, when she came looking for her husband.
They deposed that Mahender had sustained the leg injury as he had fallen while running towards Madhu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened