4 convicted of breaking man`s leg released on probation
New Delhi: A bus driver, his wife and his two brothers-in-law, held guilty of breaking a man`s leg with a hammer, have been released on probation by a Delhi court.
Convicting North West Delhi resident Jainder Singh, his wife Madhu and brothers-in-laws Rakesh and Sakender of grievously injuring complainant Mahender Singh, Additional Sessions Judge Virender Kumar Goyal let them off on probation of good conduct on the ground that they were first-time offenders and had no criminal history.
"The four are not previous convicts nor habitual offenders. The offence... Being their first one, I think it appropriate after considering the facts and circumstances of the case with age, character and antecedents of all the convicts, that they should be given the benefit of probation of good conduct," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, the four accused had on the night of March 27, 2010 overpowered Mahender when he was returning home and had beaten him up near Amrit Vihar here.
It alleged that accused Madhu handed over the hammer to Sakender, who had attacked him with it while Rakesh and Jainder had held him down.
During the trial, Mahender submitted to the court his medical reports as per which he had suffered a fracture in his left leg.
The accused, on the other hand, told the court that the complainant and Jainder were consuming liquor on the night of the alleged incident and that Mahender had started abusing Madhu, when she came looking for her husband.
They deposed that Mahender had sustained the leg injury as he had fallen while running towards Madhu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams