4 held for luring women into prostitution in New Delhi
Belgaum: Four persons have been arrested in connection with a prostitution racket busted by Chikkaballapur Police who rescued nine women from two brothels in New Delhi, Home Minister K J George informed the Karnataka Legislative Council on Thursday.
Replying to a question by Y A Narayanaswamy (BJP), he said no organised group was active in women trafficking in the state.
On November 7, the police had busted the prostitution racket and rescued nine women from two brothels situated on Govind Ballabh Pant Road in New Delhi.
They were lured by pimps with the promise of good jobs and salaries.
Meanwhile, reiterating government?s commitment in protecting the interest of police personnel, George said it would start police canteen as run by Defence Forces.
The canteen would cater to the needs of monthly provisions of working and retired police personnel, he added.
The Minister also said government was planning to start 600-bed hospital and medical college for police staff.
"A proposal in this regard will be discussed in the Cabinet soon," he said.
On the proposal of hiking police allowance, George said his department is awaiting finance department`s clearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok