4 held for luring women into prostitution in New Delhi
Belgaum: Four persons have been arrested in connection with a prostitution racket busted by Chikkaballapur Police who rescued nine women from two brothels in New Delhi, Home Minister K J George informed the Karnataka Legislative Council on Thursday.
Replying to a question by Y A Narayanaswamy (BJP), he said no organised group was active in women trafficking in the state.
On November 7, the police had busted the prostitution racket and rescued nine women from two brothels situated on Govind Ballabh Pant Road in New Delhi.
They were lured by pimps with the promise of good jobs and salaries.
Meanwhile, reiterating government?s commitment in protecting the interest of police personnel, George said it would start police canteen as run by Defence Forces.
The canteen would cater to the needs of monthly provisions of working and retired police personnel, he added.
The Minister also said government was planning to start 600-bed hospital and medical college for police staff.
"A proposal in this regard will be discussed in the Cabinet soon," he said.
On the proposal of hiking police allowance, George said his department is awaiting finance department`s clearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations