4 held for siphoning off Rs 90 lakh from Unitech Wireless
New Delhi: Four persons, including a chartered accountant, were arrested in the national capital for allegedly siphoning off Rs 90 lakh from Unitech Wireless, which got 2G license, police said on Saturday.
Chartered Accountant Manoj Pawa, Vasant Mittal, Rahul Sharma and Nitin Sharma were arrested yesterday from various locations in South Delhi, said Delhi police spokesman Rajan Bhagat.
"They had allegedly stolen 13 cheques of Unitech Wireless and they were encashed in different accounts on September 12," Bhagat said.
A case has been registered and investigations are on.
Unitech Wireless, a joint venture between realty major Unitech and Norway`s Telenor had got national and international long distance licences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown