4 kids die as wall collapses, MCD orders probe
New Delhi: Four children were on Sunday killed when a wall of an under construction building collapsed in Chattarpur extension in South Delhi, prompting the MCD to order a probe into the incident.
"The children were playing near the under construction building, near Nanda Hospital, when a wall of the fourth floor fell on them at around 12 noon," Fire department officials said.
The children Monu (12), Divya (9), Gaurav (11) and Nikira (9) were rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre where they were declared brought dead, they said.
Following the incident, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi has ordered a probe into the matter and asked the officials concerned to submit the report in 10 days.
According to locals, the owner Sandeep Saini was constructing the illegal floor in connivance with the MCD officials and police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies
- Check out five stunning Instagram photos of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ beauty Pooja Hegde
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 likely to be launched today
- Kabir Khan shares pic of stunning location where Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will begin