4 kids die as wall collapses, MCD orders probe
New Delhi: Four children were on Sunday killed when a wall of an under construction building collapsed in Chattarpur extension in South Delhi, prompting the MCD to order a probe into the incident.
"The children were playing near the under construction building, near Nanda Hospital, when a wall of the fourth floor fell on them at around 12 noon," Fire department officials said.
The children Monu (12), Divya (9), Gaurav (11) and Nikira (9) were rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre where they were declared brought dead, they said.
Following the incident, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi has ordered a probe into the matter and asked the officials concerned to submit the report in 10 days.
According to locals, the owner Sandeep Saini was constructing the illegal floor in connivance with the MCD officials and police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon