4 kids die as wall collapses, MCD orders probe
New Delhi: Four children were on Sunday killed when a wall of an under construction building collapsed in Chattarpur extension in South Delhi, prompting the MCD to order a probe into the incident.
"The children were playing near the under construction building, near Nanda Hospital, when a wall of the fourth floor fell on them at around 12 noon," Fire department officials said.
The children Monu (12), Divya (9), Gaurav (11) and Nikira (9) were rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre where they were declared brought dead, they said.
Following the incident, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi has ordered a probe into the matter and asked the officials concerned to submit the report in 10 days.
According to locals, the owner Sandeep Saini was constructing the illegal floor in connivance with the MCD officials and police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi