4 kids die as wall collapses, MCD orders probe
New Delhi: Four children were on Sunday killed when a wall of an under construction building collapsed in Chattarpur extension in South Delhi, prompting the MCD to order a probe into the incident.
"The children were playing near the under construction building, near Nanda Hospital, when a wall of the fourth floor fell on them at around 12 noon," Fire department officials said.
The children Monu (12), Divya (9), Gaurav (11) and Nikira (9) were rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre where they were declared brought dead, they said.
Following the incident, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi has ordered a probe into the matter and asked the officials concerned to submit the report in 10 days.
According to locals, the owner Sandeep Saini was constructing the illegal floor in connivance with the MCD officials and police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway