4 Metro stations near PM`s residence closed
New Delhi: Four metro stations near the Prime Minister`s official residence here were closed on Thursday as a precautionary measure following a call by Team Anna Hazare to people to hold a protest there.
The four stations Udyog Bhawan, Race Course, Jor Bagh on Gurgaon Line and Khan Market on Badarpur corridor were closed at 3:00 PM.
"The metro stations were closed following orders from Delhi Police. The stations will be closed till further orders," a DMRC spokesman said.
All the four Metro stations, which were shut down, are close to 7, Race Course Road, the official residence of the Prime Minister.
The move to close the stations follows Team Hazare`s call to people asking them to hold peaceful protests outside the Prime Minister`s residence at 5 PM demanding a strong Lokpal.
The decision was taken following apprehensions that the protesters from Ramlila Maidan could reach 7, RCR by Metro.
Around 80 people were detained on Sunday, when they tried to hold a protest near the Prime Minister`s residence on the same issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living