4 teenagers, 2 minors arrested in murder, robbery
New Delhi: Four teenagers and two minors
were arrested for their alleged involvement in murder and
robbery cases, police said on Tuesday.
Naveen, Lalit, Neeraj and Sudeep -- all 19-year-old --
and two juveniles were arrested yesterday and a rifle, two
country made pistols and one gun, and 13 live cartridges were
recovered from their possession.
Acting on a tip-off that the gang members would come at
Rawta Mor in Bindapur in South-West Delhi, police raided the
area. On seeing the police team, the criminals fire at them
but police overpowered them.
During interrogation, the accused told police that they
used to commit petty offences in Haryana but of late they
changed their area of operation and started to commit heinous
crime like attempt to murder, robbery and murder.
"The accused also said they were fond of girls and
imported liquor and wanted to earn quick money to enjoy lavish
lifestyle," South-West District DCP Anil Kumar Ojha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list