4000 property tax defaulters availed Property Tax benefit
New Delhi: Almost 4000 property tax defaulters have availed the benefit of property tax settlement scheme with immunity of penalty and waiver of interest over arrears, which was announced recently by the MCD, with the civic body having collected property tax of worth Rs 10 crore, officials said on Thursday.
The scheme of settling property tax arrears with immunity of penalty and waiver of interest will continue till November 30 this year.
Chairman of the high-powered Property Tax Committee of North Delhi Municipal Corporation Delhi Rajesh Bhatia today informed that "the property owners are showing a great interest in the scheme and so far, about 600 property owners have benefited from this scheme in ex-parte assessment under old rateable value system, 300 in rateable value already determined on merit, 2500 in unit area method and 300 in discount cheque dispute category".
There is a rebate of 100 percent from interest and penalty on pending property tax but this rebate will reduce to 75 percent till October 17, and 50 percent till November 17.
Bhatia appealed to defaulters to avail the benefit of the scheme and settle their property tax dispute cases as the date of this scheme is not likely to be extended. Besides, no such another scheme will be brought again in future.
He said that some complaints had been received from tax payers that tax through cash is not being accepted after 3 pm. For the benefit of tax payers, all the zonal offices have been directed to accept tax through cash up to 5 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'