47-year-old woman injured in acid attack in Delhi
New Delhi: A 47-year-old woman was critically injured when four persons allegedly threw acid at her in Punjabi Bagh area of West Delhi, police said on Monday.
"The victim, a resident of Pashchim Vihar area, told us that when she had gone to Punjabi Bagh area for some work, four bike-borne youth threw acid on her. The incident took place at around 7 PM yesterday. She has sustained burn injuries on her right arm and back in the attack," a senior police officer said.
The woman has been admitted to Sanjay Gandhi hospital.
The attackers are known to the victim. They have been identified as Sonu, Monu, Johny and Sanath. Efforts are on to nab them, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police