47-year-old woman injured in acid attack in Delhi
New Delhi: A 47-year-old woman was critically injured when four persons allegedly threw acid at her in Punjabi Bagh area of West Delhi, police said on Monday.
"The victim, a resident of Pashchim Vihar area, told us that when she had gone to Punjabi Bagh area for some work, four bike-borne youth threw acid on her. The incident took place at around 7 PM yesterday. She has sustained burn injuries on her right arm and back in the attack," a senior police officer said.
The woman has been admitted to Sanjay Gandhi hospital.
The attackers are known to the victim. They have been identified as Sonu, Monu, Johny and Sanath. Efforts are on to nab them, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray