48 fall sick after having food in 5-star hotel
New Delhi: In a suspected case of food poisoning, 48 employees of a prominent five-star hotel fell sick on Wednesday after taking food from the staff canteen this afternoon, police said.
The employees complained of uneasiness after having lunch at the canteen of the hotel at around 2:30 pm, a senior police official said.
The employees were taken to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where they are undergoing treatment.
"It appears to be a case of food poisoning. None of them is in serious condition. We are examining the matter," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test