48 fall sick after having food in 5-star hotel
New Delhi: In a suspected case of food poisoning, 48 employees of a prominent five-star hotel fell sick on Wednesday after taking food from the staff canteen this afternoon, police said.
The employees complained of uneasiness after having lunch at the canteen of the hotel at around 2:30 pm, a senior police official said.
The employees were taken to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where they are undergoing treatment.
"It appears to be a case of food poisoning. None of them is in serious condition. We are examining the matter," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video