5 women raped in three days in Delhi
New Delhi: Two minor girls, a second-year degree student, a mentally unstable woman and an Army man`s wife were raped in the national capital in the past three days, police said on Monday.
While one of the minor girls was beaten up after being raped, the second-year degree student was the victim of sexual abuse for the past 18 months allegedly by her brother-in-law.
The first incident was reported from Kirti Nagar on Friday, when the six-year-old victim, a Class-I student, was beaten up by the accused Parasuram, who is yet to be arrested.
According to police, Parasuram took the girl to a building near a temple in the locality and allegedly raped her. He then beat her up and even tried to smash her head. The victim was found injured in a drain on February 25 and was admitted to a hospital.
In the second incident reported from Mundka, a security guard allegedly raped another six-year-old girl yesterday. He threatened her with dire consequences if she revealed the incident to anybody, police said, adding that the accused is still on the run.
Police said the second-year degree student of Vivekananda College was being allegedly raped by her brother-in-law Brijesh Mohan, a BSES employee, for the past one year.
"Yesterday also he came to her house in Vivek Vihar and tried to take her out. She resisted and when he used force to take her out, she called police. He was placed under arrest," a police official said.
A mentally-unstable woman was raped allegedly by a security guard in Dwarka area yesterday. Nand Kumar allegedly took the woman to an isolated place and sexually abused her, police said.
The incident came to light when the victim narrated the incident to her mother, Kumar was arrested.
In another incident reported from Delhi Cantt area, 29-year-old wife of Army personnel was today raped
allegedly by an Army employee, Ravinder (28), police said.
Her husband is posted in Jammu and Kashmir. She was alone at her house as her children were in school when the incident took place. Ravinder, who is a civilian employee, was arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31