5-yr-old child rape accused earlier booked for trespassing
New Delhi: The elusive suspect in the case of rape of a five-year-old girl here was also allegedly involved in a trespass case, police said on Friday.
Manoj Kumar, who is in his mid-twenties, is involved in a case of trespassing in Gandhi Nagar.
He allegedly had a dispute with his family and had been disowned by them, sources said. However, there was no official confirmation about it.
The family had filed the case in 2010 and he was arrested.
The accused Manoj is a tailor and had taken the room on the ground floor of the building where the victim stayed.
A senior police official said the owner of the three-storeyed building where the girl and the accused lived did not have any document to prove the identity of Manoj.
"However we managed to identify him. We also identified his family and relatives. From them we got to know about his possible hideouts. Two teams are working on finding him," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends