5-yr-old`s rape case: Complaint for action against cops
New Delhi: Two days after three police officers were suspended in connection with the five-year-old girl`s rape case, a complaint was today filed before a Delhi court seeking registration of FIR against them and other cops for various irregularities.
The complaint sought registration of FIR against ACP Bani Singh Ahlawat, Inspector Dharampal Singh, Sub-inspector Mahavir Singh and other policemen who allegedly threatened the girl`s family and offered them money to hush up the matter.
The complaint, filed before the court of Special Judge Narottam Kaushal ,has sought registration of FIR against ACP Ahlawat for assaulting and causing grievous hurt by slapping a 17-year-old girl protester, who was trying to meet the rape victim at a hospital here. He has already been suspended in wake of the development.
The court has fixed the matter for April 29.
Complainant RTI activist Vivek Garg also sought action against Dharampal Singh, the suspended station house officer of Gandhi Nagar police station where the victim`s missing person`s report was registered April 15, and the initial investigating officer of the case Sub-Inspector Mahavir Singh.
His counsel Ajay Goel said the girl, who was kidnapped and raped by allegedly by Manoj and Pradeep in east Delhi and kept in captivity for two days, could have been recovered much earlier had the police swung into action immediately.
He also said the police by offering Rs 2,000 to the girl`s family and not registering FIR promptly, had committed contempt of Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren