5-yr-old`s rape case: Complaint for action against cops
New Delhi: Two days after three police officers were suspended in connection with the five-year-old girl`s rape case, a complaint was today filed before a Delhi court seeking registration of FIR against them and other cops for various irregularities.
The complaint sought registration of FIR against ACP Bani Singh Ahlawat, Inspector Dharampal Singh, Sub-inspector Mahavir Singh and other policemen who allegedly threatened the girl`s family and offered them money to hush up the matter.
The complaint, filed before the court of Special Judge Narottam Kaushal ,has sought registration of FIR against ACP Ahlawat for assaulting and causing grievous hurt by slapping a 17-year-old girl protester, who was trying to meet the rape victim at a hospital here. He has already been suspended in wake of the development.
The court has fixed the matter for April 29.
Complainant RTI activist Vivek Garg also sought action against Dharampal Singh, the suspended station house officer of Gandhi Nagar police station where the victim`s missing person`s report was registered April 15, and the initial investigating officer of the case Sub-Inspector Mahavir Singh.
His counsel Ajay Goel said the girl, who was kidnapped and raped by allegedly by Manoj and Pradeep in east Delhi and kept in captivity for two days, could have been recovered much earlier had the police swung into action immediately.
He also said the police by offering Rs 2,000 to the girl`s family and not registering FIR promptly, had committed contempt of Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users