5-yr-old`s rape case: Complaint for action against cops
New Delhi: Two days after three police officers were suspended in connection with the five-year-old girl`s rape case, a complaint was today filed before a Delhi court seeking registration of FIR against them and other cops for various irregularities.
The complaint sought registration of FIR against ACP Bani Singh Ahlawat, Inspector Dharampal Singh, Sub-inspector Mahavir Singh and other policemen who allegedly threatened the girl`s family and offered them money to hush up the matter.
The complaint, filed before the court of Special Judge Narottam Kaushal ,has sought registration of FIR against ACP Ahlawat for assaulting and causing grievous hurt by slapping a 17-year-old girl protester, who was trying to meet the rape victim at a hospital here. He has already been suspended in wake of the development.
The court has fixed the matter for April 29.
Complainant RTI activist Vivek Garg also sought action against Dharampal Singh, the suspended station house officer of Gandhi Nagar police station where the victim`s missing person`s report was registered April 15, and the initial investigating officer of the case Sub-Inspector Mahavir Singh.
His counsel Ajay Goel said the girl, who was kidnapped and raped by allegedly by Manoj and Pradeep in east Delhi and kept in captivity for two days, could have been recovered much earlier had the police swung into action immediately.
He also said the police by offering Rs 2,000 to the girl`s family and not registering FIR promptly, had committed contempt of Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks