5-yr-old`s rape case: Complaint for action against cops
New Delhi: Two days after three police officers were suspended in connection with the five-year-old girl`s rape case, a complaint was today filed before a Delhi court seeking registration of FIR against them and other cops for various irregularities.
The complaint sought registration of FIR against ACP Bani Singh Ahlawat, Inspector Dharampal Singh, Sub-inspector Mahavir Singh and other policemen who allegedly threatened the girl`s family and offered them money to hush up the matter.
The complaint, filed before the court of Special Judge Narottam Kaushal ,has sought registration of FIR against ACP Ahlawat for assaulting and causing grievous hurt by slapping a 17-year-old girl protester, who was trying to meet the rape victim at a hospital here. He has already been suspended in wake of the development.
The court has fixed the matter for April 29.
Complainant RTI activist Vivek Garg also sought action against Dharampal Singh, the suspended station house officer of Gandhi Nagar police station where the victim`s missing person`s report was registered April 15, and the initial investigating officer of the case Sub-Inspector Mahavir Singh.
His counsel Ajay Goel said the girl, who was kidnapped and raped by allegedly by Manoj and Pradeep in east Delhi and kept in captivity for two days, could have been recovered much earlier had the police swung into action immediately.
He also said the police by offering Rs 2,000 to the girl`s family and not registering FIR promptly, had committed contempt of Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here