50 pc fare discount on Airport Metro Express for 3 days
New Delhi: For the next three days, commuters
in the national capital can enjoy travel on the high-speed
Airport Metro Express at 50 per count discount.
The special fare could help people who have planned a
picnic for the extended week-end which begins with Good Friday
tomorrow and ends with Easter on Sunday and those who visit
the famous Sacred Heart Cathedral Church in Connaught Place.
The Airport Metro Express has been offering discount on
its existing promotional fare structure to popularise the
showcase corridor among the public. The existing maximum fare
is Rs 80, while the minimum is Rs 20.
The 50 per cent discount will be available at all the four
operational stations tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday.
The Reliance Infra-led consortium, which runs the Line,
had earlier offered discounted fares last week on the occasion
of Ram Navami and Baishaki.
The offer is also aimed at facilitating passengers to
visit the Sacred Heart Cathedral Church, located in Connaught
Place, on Good Friday and Easter, a company spokesperson said.
The commuters can get down at Shivaji Stadium station
located on Baba Kharak Singh Marg and reach the Church or
"This discounted fare will encourage people to take the
Airport Metro Express, which is secured, faster and
comfortable way to reach Connaught place, New Delhi Railway
station and Chandni Chowk by avoiding the traffic jams,
scorching summer heat and minimising travel time and cost,"
the spokesperson said.
The 23-km link connecting New Delhi with the new swanky
Terminal-3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport was
opened on February 23 and it currently carries over 8,000
people a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued