53 nominations for post of DUSU President
New Delhi: 53 candidates on Tuesday filed their
nominations for the post of the President of Delhi University
Students Union election to which will be held on September 3.
The Chief Election Officer of DUSU said besides 53 names
received for the post of President, 47 students filed
nominations for the post of Vice President, 43 for Secretary
and 47 again for Joint Secretary.
"A final scrutiny will be done after they submit their
security deposits tomorrow," Prof Gurmeet Singh, the Chief
Election Officer, said.
While four candidates of National Students Unions of
India filed their nominations, 10 students of its rival Akhil
Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) submitted their papers.
NSUI, which for the first time picked up its four
candidates through an election process instead of nominations,
said it will come out with a detailed manifesto on Friday.
"We have completely transformed the system of selecting
candidates for the students union.
"We have made it completely democratic and our nominees
were elected by NSUI delegates and we are eyeing all four
posts," said NSUI state secretary Shahnawaz Chowdhury.
He said the party would announce its candidates for
particular posts on Thursday.
From ABVP, 10 candidates submitted their nomination
papers with the Election Office today.
"From our side 10 candidates have filed nomination
papers and all the 10 submissions have been accepted," said
Ashutosh Shrivastav, Delhi state secretary of ABVP.
Thursday is the last day of withdrawal of nominations.
Last year, Manoj Chaudhury had won the post of President,
the first independent candidate to win DUSU Presidency after
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption