53 nominations for post of DUSU President
New Delhi: 53 candidates on Tuesday filed their
nominations for the post of the President of Delhi University
Students Union election to which will be held on September 3.
The Chief Election Officer of DUSU said besides 53 names
received for the post of President, 47 students filed
nominations for the post of Vice President, 43 for Secretary
and 47 again for Joint Secretary.
"A final scrutiny will be done after they submit their
security deposits tomorrow," Prof Gurmeet Singh, the Chief
Election Officer, said.
While four candidates of National Students Unions of
India filed their nominations, 10 students of its rival Akhil
Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) submitted their papers.
NSUI, which for the first time picked up its four
candidates through an election process instead of nominations,
said it will come out with a detailed manifesto on Friday.
"We have completely transformed the system of selecting
candidates for the students union.
"We have made it completely democratic and our nominees
were elected by NSUI delegates and we are eyeing all four
posts," said NSUI state secretary Shahnawaz Chowdhury.
He said the party would announce its candidates for
particular posts on Thursday.
From ABVP, 10 candidates submitted their nomination
papers with the Election Office today.
"From our side 10 candidates have filed nomination
papers and all the 10 submissions have been accepted," said
Ashutosh Shrivastav, Delhi state secretary of ABVP.
Thursday is the last day of withdrawal of nominations.
Last year, Manoj Chaudhury had won the post of President,
the first independent candidate to win DUSU Presidency after
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!