53 nominations for post of DUSU President
New Delhi: 53 candidates on Tuesday filed their
nominations for the post of the President of Delhi University
Students Union election to which will be held on September 3.
The Chief Election Officer of DUSU said besides 53 names
received for the post of President, 47 students filed
nominations for the post of Vice President, 43 for Secretary
and 47 again for Joint Secretary.
"A final scrutiny will be done after they submit their
security deposits tomorrow," Prof Gurmeet Singh, the Chief
Election Officer, said.
While four candidates of National Students Unions of
India filed their nominations, 10 students of its rival Akhil
Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) submitted their papers.
NSUI, which for the first time picked up its four
candidates through an election process instead of nominations,
said it will come out with a detailed manifesto on Friday.
"We have completely transformed the system of selecting
candidates for the students union.
"We have made it completely democratic and our nominees
were elected by NSUI delegates and we are eyeing all four
posts," said NSUI state secretary Shahnawaz Chowdhury.
He said the party would announce its candidates for
particular posts on Thursday.
From ABVP, 10 candidates submitted their nomination
papers with the Election Office today.
"From our side 10 candidates have filed nomination
papers and all the 10 submissions have been accepted," said
Ashutosh Shrivastav, Delhi state secretary of ABVP.
Thursday is the last day of withdrawal of nominations.
Last year, Manoj Chaudhury had won the post of President,
the first independent candidate to win DUSU Presidency after
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan