56 special trains to clear festive rush
New Delhi: In order to clear the extra rush during the festive season, Railways have pressed into service more than 50 special trains.
Elaborate arrangements have been made to clear extra rush of traffic for the festival season during October-November and around 4000 additional trips of special trains are being planned to handle the rush, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
Number of passengers travelling to Bengal, Bihar, Odisha, Gujarat, Jammu, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh increases manifold during the festive season.
The season witnesses Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Diwali, Chhath and other festivals.
The special services include 20 trains with reserved AC coaches, 11 unreserved trains and 25 superfast like trains have been planned by all the zonal railways across the country for about 38 different popular routes, he said.
The special trains are being pressed for connecting cities such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Jammu Tawi, Jaipur, Guwahati, Lucknow, Patna, Chandigarh, Chennai, Muzaffarpur, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Dharbhanga, Puri, Indore and Secunderabad.
In addition, extra coaches are also being attached to regular trains to accommodate more passengers.
Zonal railways are constantly assessing traffic requirement and more specials trains can be planned as and when required.
He said checking squads are being deployed at reservation offices and inspections are being strengthened to prevent misuse of tickets.
Information about the special trains is also available at the trainenquiry.Com website and on the websites of respective zonal railways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31