56 special trains to clear festive rush
New Delhi: In order to clear the extra rush during the festive season, Railways have pressed into service more than 50 special trains.
Elaborate arrangements have been made to clear extra rush of traffic for the festival season during October-November and around 4000 additional trips of special trains are being planned to handle the rush, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
Number of passengers travelling to Bengal, Bihar, Odisha, Gujarat, Jammu, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh increases manifold during the festive season.
The season witnesses Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Diwali, Chhath and other festivals.
The special services include 20 trains with reserved AC coaches, 11 unreserved trains and 25 superfast like trains have been planned by all the zonal railways across the country for about 38 different popular routes, he said.
The special trains are being pressed for connecting cities such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Jammu Tawi, Jaipur, Guwahati, Lucknow, Patna, Chandigarh, Chennai, Muzaffarpur, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Dharbhanga, Puri, Indore and Secunderabad.
In addition, extra coaches are also being attached to regular trains to accommodate more passengers.
Zonal railways are constantly assessing traffic requirement and more specials trains can be planned as and when required.
He said checking squads are being deployed at reservation offices and inspections are being strengthened to prevent misuse of tickets.
Information about the special trains is also available at the trainenquiry.Com website and on the websites of respective zonal railways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!