6 arrested for robbery at Delhi businessman`s house
New Delhi: Six people have been arrested for their alleged role in an armed robbery at a businessman`s residence here last week, police said on Wednesday.
On August 22, the gang had entered Ashok Kumar Rakian`s house in South Delhi`s Greater Kailash-III home and robbed him of jewellery worth lakhs of rupees and Rs 10 lakh in cash at gun point.
Rashid (29), Punit (31), Mohd Shafiq (26), Danish (28), Mahender Yadav (22) and Ashutosh (28) were arrested yesterday.
Police also recovered Rs 10 lakh cash, jewellery, a Maruti Alto Car and a motorcycle from them along with a country-made pistol used in the crime and a live cartridge.
During interrogation, all six, who belong to the 21-31 age group, confessed to their crime.
Among them, Ashutosh is a computer engineer while Rashid and Punit are property dealers. It was also revealed that Rashid has previously been booked under Arms Act also, police said.
They have also disclosed that they are habitual offenders committing petty offences as they do not earn enough to meet the requirement of their families, said a police official.
"The gang always carried knives and country-made pistols and never hesitated to use them if their target resisted," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan