6 arrested for robbery at Delhi businessman`s house
New Delhi: Six people have been arrested for their alleged role in an armed robbery at a businessman`s residence here last week, police said on Wednesday.
On August 22, the gang had entered Ashok Kumar Rakian`s house in South Delhi`s Greater Kailash-III home and robbed him of jewellery worth lakhs of rupees and Rs 10 lakh in cash at gun point.
Rashid (29), Punit (31), Mohd Shafiq (26), Danish (28), Mahender Yadav (22) and Ashutosh (28) were arrested yesterday.
Police also recovered Rs 10 lakh cash, jewellery, a Maruti Alto Car and a motorcycle from them along with a country-made pistol used in the crime and a live cartridge.
During interrogation, all six, who belong to the 21-31 age group, confessed to their crime.
Among them, Ashutosh is a computer engineer while Rashid and Punit are property dealers. It was also revealed that Rashid has previously been booked under Arms Act also, police said.
They have also disclosed that they are habitual offenders committing petty offences as they do not earn enough to meet the requirement of their families, said a police official.
"The gang always carried knives and country-made pistols and never hesitated to use them if their target resisted," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police