6 arrested for robbery at Delhi businessman`s house
New Delhi: Six people have been arrested for their alleged role in an armed robbery at a businessman`s residence here last week, police said on Wednesday.
On August 22, the gang had entered Ashok Kumar Rakian`s house in South Delhi`s Greater Kailash-III home and robbed him of jewellery worth lakhs of rupees and Rs 10 lakh in cash at gun point.
Rashid (29), Punit (31), Mohd Shafiq (26), Danish (28), Mahender Yadav (22) and Ashutosh (28) were arrested yesterday.
Police also recovered Rs 10 lakh cash, jewellery, a Maruti Alto Car and a motorcycle from them along with a country-made pistol used in the crime and a live cartridge.
During interrogation, all six, who belong to the 21-31 age group, confessed to their crime.
Among them, Ashutosh is a computer engineer while Rashid and Punit are property dealers. It was also revealed that Rashid has previously been booked under Arms Act also, police said.
They have also disclosed that they are habitual offenders committing petty offences as they do not earn enough to meet the requirement of their families, said a police official.
"The gang always carried knives and country-made pistols and never hesitated to use them if their target resisted," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis