6 arrested in NCR for stealing over 100 motorbikes
New Delhi: Six people have been arrested for stealing over 100 motorbikes in the national capital region, police said Saturday.
Mohammad Anees, 22, Sajid Hussain, 25, Arif, 19, Mohammad Arif, 21, and Mohammad Arshad, 22, were arrested Friday for stealing motorcycles in the national capital and its suburbs. They used to pass on the stolen vehicles to their accomplice, Mohammad Qayum, 25, who has also been arrested.
All the six belong to the Palwal area of Haryana. Police have recovered 13 of the stolen motorbikes from them.
"Qayum used to sell the stolen vehicles to residents of the Mewat area for Rs.2,000 to Rs 3,000. It is very difficult to recover stolen motorbikes from this area because of the strong nexus between anti-social elements and local residents," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H.G.S. Dhaliwal.
"The gang has so far committed more than 100 thefts. Arif is an expert in making duplicate keys of all types of vehicles. Anees, Hussain and Mohammed Arif used to come to Delhi via bus or train and after stealing the vehicles, drive back home on them," Dhaliwal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan