6 arrested in NCR for stealing over 100 motorbikes
New Delhi: Six people have been arrested for stealing over 100 motorbikes in the national capital region, police said Saturday.
Mohammad Anees, 22, Sajid Hussain, 25, Arif, 19, Mohammad Arif, 21, and Mohammad Arshad, 22, were arrested Friday for stealing motorcycles in the national capital and its suburbs. They used to pass on the stolen vehicles to their accomplice, Mohammad Qayum, 25, who has also been arrested.
All the six belong to the Palwal area of Haryana. Police have recovered 13 of the stolen motorbikes from them.
"Qayum used to sell the stolen vehicles to residents of the Mewat area for Rs.2,000 to Rs 3,000. It is very difficult to recover stolen motorbikes from this area because of the strong nexus between anti-social elements and local residents," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H.G.S. Dhaliwal.
"The gang has so far committed more than 100 thefts. Arif is an expert in making duplicate keys of all types of vehicles. Anees, Hussain and Mohammed Arif used to come to Delhi via bus or train and after stealing the vehicles, drive back home on them," Dhaliwal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda