6 arrested in NCR for stealing over 100 motorbikes
New Delhi: Six people have been arrested for stealing over 100 motorbikes in the national capital region, police said Saturday.
Mohammad Anees, 22, Sajid Hussain, 25, Arif, 19, Mohammad Arif, 21, and Mohammad Arshad, 22, were arrested Friday for stealing motorcycles in the national capital and its suburbs. They used to pass on the stolen vehicles to their accomplice, Mohammad Qayum, 25, who has also been arrested.
All the six belong to the Palwal area of Haryana. Police have recovered 13 of the stolen motorbikes from them.
"Qayum used to sell the stolen vehicles to residents of the Mewat area for Rs.2,000 to Rs 3,000. It is very difficult to recover stolen motorbikes from this area because of the strong nexus between anti-social elements and local residents," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H.G.S. Dhaliwal.
"The gang has so far committed more than 100 thefts. Arif is an expert in making duplicate keys of all types of vehicles. Anees, Hussain and Mohammed Arif used to come to Delhi via bus or train and after stealing the vehicles, drive back home on them," Dhaliwal added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference