6 arrested in NCR for stealing over 100 motorbikes
New Delhi: Six people have been arrested for stealing over 100 motorbikes in the national capital region, police said Saturday.
Mohammad Anees, 22, Sajid Hussain, 25, Arif, 19, Mohammad Arif, 21, and Mohammad Arshad, 22, were arrested Friday for stealing motorcycles in the national capital and its suburbs. They used to pass on the stolen vehicles to their accomplice, Mohammad Qayum, 25, who has also been arrested.
All the six belong to the Palwal area of Haryana. Police have recovered 13 of the stolen motorbikes from them.
"Qayum used to sell the stolen vehicles to residents of the Mewat area for Rs.2,000 to Rs 3,000. It is very difficult to recover stolen motorbikes from this area because of the strong nexus between anti-social elements and local residents," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H.G.S. Dhaliwal.
"The gang has so far committed more than 100 thefts. Arif is an expert in making duplicate keys of all types of vehicles. Anees, Hussain and Mohammed Arif used to come to Delhi via bus or train and after stealing the vehicles, drive back home on them," Dhaliwal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Lodha Panel to have meeting on August 28
- Earthquake: What happened when tremors were felt in Patna - SEE PICS
- GST rate on processed foods should be low or zero: CII
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement