6 fire incidents in capital, DTC bus passengers unhurt
New Delhi: Six incidents of fire, including one at a hospital and another at a timber godown, kept fire brigade personnel on their toes in the capital on Wednesday.
A low-floor DTC bus caught fire at the Moolchand flyover this afternoon. Around 15 people were travelling in the bus at the time of the incident but all of them escaped unhurt.
A car was gutted in Sarai Kale Khan after it caught fire. No one was present inside the vehicle at the time of the incident.
A minor fire broke out in the operation theatre of Safdurjung Hospital this evening but no one was injured in the incident, fire brigade officials said.
The incident was reported at 4:10 PM. "The blaze was reported from the operation theatre. The fire broke out in the false ceiling and old furniture. It is a minor fire. No one was injured," fire brigade officials said.
In another incident, fire was reported from a timber godown in Madhu Vihar in East Delhi this morning.
Thirty-five fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire which broke out at 7.45 Am. It took eight hours to douse the blaze. No one was injured.
A fire was also reported from a godown of tent-houses located in Fatehpur Beri in South Delhi at around 11 AM. Nine fire engines were sent to douse the fire.
A coach of a goods train also caught fire at the Prem Nagar railway crossing this afternoon.
Four fire engines were sent to the spot and the fire was doused in an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS