6 killed in road accident on Delhi-Jaipur highway
Gurgaon: At least six people including a child were killed and seven others injured in a road accident on Tuesday when a Bolero car collided with a Canter on Delhi-Jaipur National Highway in the early hours, police said.
The deceased were pilgrims and travelling by Bolero. They were returning to Delhi`s Sultanpuri area from Rajasthan`s Balaji temple, Bilaspur SHO Babulal told a news agency.
When their vehicle reached Bilaspur Chowk, some 27 km from here, it collided with a Canter. Six people including a child died on the spot in the accident, he said.
The police official added that there were total 13 passengers in the vehicle, seven others were injured, some of them critically. They were admitted to various private hospitals.
The toll may rise, said another police officer.
Police are investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS