6 members of NDMC Standing Committee retire
New Delhi: Six members of the Standing Committee of North Delhi Municipal Corporation retired today after a draw of lots.
Officials said though the members retired today, they will continue to take part in its meetings as the year-long tenure of the committee will end only on May 16.
The members who retired are Usha Mehta, Ram Kishan Singhal, Surender Kaur and Vijay Prakash Pandey from BJP, Reeta from BSP and Mukesh Goyal from Congress.
The retirement, which happened through draw of lots, happened after a long discussion in the meeting that prompted Committee Chairman Yogendra Chandolia to call a break and conduct a meeting on the issue in his chamber.
This happened after Pandey argued that the current committee shall continue working till May 16 since that is the day it completes one year of its constitution. "An opinion of the Attorney General has been taken on the matter and he declared that the date of constitution will be the valid date," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie