6 members of NDMC Standing Committee retire
New Delhi: Six members of the Standing Committee of North Delhi Municipal Corporation retired today after a draw of lots.
Officials said though the members retired today, they will continue to take part in its meetings as the year-long tenure of the committee will end only on May 16.
The members who retired are Usha Mehta, Ram Kishan Singhal, Surender Kaur and Vijay Prakash Pandey from BJP, Reeta from BSP and Mukesh Goyal from Congress.
The retirement, which happened through draw of lots, happened after a long discussion in the meeting that prompted Committee Chairman Yogendra Chandolia to call a break and conduct a meeting on the issue in his chamber.
This happened after Pandey argued that the current committee shall continue working till May 16 since that is the day it completes one year of its constitution. "An opinion of the Attorney General has been taken on the matter and he declared that the date of constitution will be the valid date," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued