60-yr-old man gets death penalty for raping & killing minor
New Delhi: A 60-year-old farmhouse guard was on Tuesday awarded death penalty by a Delhi court for raping and killing a three-year-old girl nearly two years ago.
Fast Track Court Judge Virender Bhat termed the offence as "rarest of rare" while handing down the maximum sentence to Bharat Singh for raping a rickshaw puller`s minor daughter, who died during the commission of the crime.
According to the prosecution, the child was playing outside her house at Kapashera in West Delhi on April 10, 2011 evening but while returning home, she lost her way and strayed towards a nearby farmhouse.
The girl was called inside the farmhouse by its guard, who was alone there on duty, and was raped by him, said the prosecution adding the minor girl died during the commission of the crime.
The prosecution also said the guard after realising that the girl was dead, threw her at a secluded spot inside the farmhouse.
It said the guard did not threw the body outside the farmhouse for the fear of being spotted by workers, engaged in road construction outside the farmhouse.
Initially, the girl`s father had lodged a complaint with the police that his daughter was missing. The girl`s body, however, was recovered after two days of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis