60-yr-old man gets death penalty for raping & killing minor
New Delhi: A 60-year-old farmhouse guard was on Tuesday awarded death penalty by a Delhi court for raping and killing a three-year-old girl nearly two years ago.
Fast Track Court Judge Virender Bhat termed the offence as "rarest of rare" while handing down the maximum sentence to Bharat Singh for raping a rickshaw puller`s minor daughter, who died during the commission of the crime.
According to the prosecution, the child was playing outside her house at Kapashera in West Delhi on April 10, 2011 evening but while returning home, she lost her way and strayed towards a nearby farmhouse.
The girl was called inside the farmhouse by its guard, who was alone there on duty, and was raped by him, said the prosecution adding the minor girl died during the commission of the crime.
The prosecution also said the guard after realising that the girl was dead, threw her at a secluded spot inside the farmhouse.
It said the guard did not threw the body outside the farmhouse for the fear of being spotted by workers, engaged in road construction outside the farmhouse.
Initially, the girl`s father had lodged a complaint with the police that his daughter was missing. The girl`s body, however, was recovered after two days of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony