60-yr-old man gets death penalty for raping & killing minor
New Delhi: A 60-year-old farmhouse guard was on Tuesday awarded death penalty by a Delhi court for raping and killing a three-year-old girl nearly two years ago.
Fast Track Court Judge Virender Bhat termed the offence as "rarest of rare" while handing down the maximum sentence to Bharat Singh for raping a rickshaw puller`s minor daughter, who died during the commission of the crime.
According to the prosecution, the child was playing outside her house at Kapashera in West Delhi on April 10, 2011 evening but while returning home, she lost her way and strayed towards a nearby farmhouse.
The girl was called inside the farmhouse by its guard, who was alone there on duty, and was raped by him, said the prosecution adding the minor girl died during the commission of the crime.
The prosecution also said the guard after realising that the girl was dead, threw her at a secluded spot inside the farmhouse.
It said the guard did not threw the body outside the farmhouse for the fear of being spotted by workers, engaged in road construction outside the farmhouse.
Initially, the girl`s father had lodged a complaint with the police that his daughter was missing. The girl`s body, however, was recovered after two days of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble