6.79 lakh took part in AAP referendum
New Delhi: The week-long referendum conducted by Aam Aadmi Party on government formation got 6.79 lakh responses through SMS, telephone calls and website.
Of these, only 2.66 lakh responses were received from Delhiites of which 20,969 expressed their opinion through website, 85,716 though phone calls and 1.59 lakh through SMS gave their verdict on whether Kejriwal should form the government or not, AAP said.
Of the 2.66 lakh responses, 1.97 lakh people said "Yes" and gave go-ahead to Kejriwal-led party for form the government with the support from Congress, while 68,880 said "No".
"It comes out to be 74 per cent of the total valid responses from the Delhiites, based on this we had decided to form the government in Delhi," AAP spoksperson Manish Sisodia said.
The AAP had conducted a total of 280 public meetings, of which people at 257 places said "Yes" to formation of government and at 23 places people said "No".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened