7 national nodal centres for strengthening nursing school: Azad
New Delhi: The government has identified seven national nodal centres for strengthening nursing school, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad today said.
Azad described the training process, as extremely crucial areas and said that they need to be effectively nurtured and mentored for achieving maternal and child health goals.
A statement released by his ministry here said that the minister at a function in Goa said that Centre is also developing state nodal centres.
Azad listed the steps taken by the Ministry for improving the quality of nursing, including improving a Nursing Education Programme for different areas of specialisation for staff nurses and focusing on education technology for teachers and management techniques for Nursing Administrators, the statement said.
He said that steps are also being taken to improve quality of training at the existing government nursing institutions by providing them financial support, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender