7-year-old boy found dead inside cooler in Delhi
New Delhi: Body of a seven-year-old boy, who went missing two days ago, was found stuffed inside a cooler in a neighbouring building in Gokalpuri area of East Delhi on Monday, police said.
According to police, the boy, identified as Sahil, had gone missing on Saturday evening following which a complaint was filed by her mother Sana. His body was discovered on Monday by a neighbour at the first floor of a nearby building.
"There were marks of strangulation around his neck and there were blood stains on his face. It seems that the boy was killed and then the body was stuffed inside the cooler," said a police official.
Sana had separated from his husband, a tailor by profession, four years ago. "A person, who is known to Sahil`s mother, has been detained," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre