7-year-old boy found dead inside cooler in Delhi
New Delhi: Body of a seven-year-old boy, who went missing two days ago, was found stuffed inside a cooler in a neighbouring building in Gokalpuri area of East Delhi on Monday, police said.
According to police, the boy, identified as Sahil, had gone missing on Saturday evening following which a complaint was filed by her mother Sana. His body was discovered on Monday by a neighbour at the first floor of a nearby building.
"There were marks of strangulation around his neck and there were blood stains on his face. It seems that the boy was killed and then the body was stuffed inside the cooler," said a police official.
Sana had separated from his husband, a tailor by profession, four years ago. "A person, who is known to Sahil`s mother, has been detained," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral