8 judicial officers redesignated as Dist & Session Judges
New Delhi: Eight District and Additional Sessions Judges were on Tuesday redesignated as District & Sessions Judges by the Delhi High Court in light of Delhi Government`s notification raising district/sessions division in the city from 9 to 11.
The Delhi High Court in a notification issued today vested additional powers in the judges to commit, allot and transfer cases of both civil and criminal nature.
The judicial officers who have been redesignated by the High Court Chief Justice D Murugesan and other judges are: PS Teji (earlier District Judge and ASJ East), IS Mehta (New Delhi), Deepa Sharma (South West and Airports), AK Chawla (North), SK Sarvaria (North West), OP Gupta (West), RK Gauba (South and South East) and JR Aryan (North East).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars