8 judicial officers redesignated as Dist & Session Judges
New Delhi: Eight District and Additional Sessions Judges were on Tuesday redesignated as District & Sessions Judges by the Delhi High Court in light of Delhi Government`s notification raising district/sessions division in the city from 9 to 11.
The Delhi High Court in a notification issued today vested additional powers in the judges to commit, allot and transfer cases of both civil and criminal nature.
The judicial officers who have been redesignated by the High Court Chief Justice D Murugesan and other judges are: PS Teji (earlier District Judge and ASJ East), IS Mehta (New Delhi), Deepa Sharma (South West and Airports), AK Chawla (North), SK Sarvaria (North West), OP Gupta (West), RK Gauba (South and South East) and JR Aryan (North East).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'