8 judicial officers redesignated as Dist & Session Judges
New Delhi: Eight District and Additional Sessions Judges were on Tuesday redesignated as District & Sessions Judges by the Delhi High Court in light of Delhi Government`s notification raising district/sessions division in the city from 9 to 11.
The Delhi High Court in a notification issued today vested additional powers in the judges to commit, allot and transfer cases of both civil and criminal nature.
The judicial officers who have been redesignated by the High Court Chief Justice D Murugesan and other judges are: PS Teji (earlier District Judge and ASJ East), IS Mehta (New Delhi), Deepa Sharma (South West and Airports), AK Chawla (North), SK Sarvaria (North West), OP Gupta (West), RK Gauba (South and South East) and JR Aryan (North East).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!