8 judicial officers redesignated as Dist & Session Judges
New Delhi: Eight District and Additional Sessions Judges were on Tuesday redesignated as District & Sessions Judges by the Delhi High Court in light of Delhi Government`s notification raising district/sessions division in the city from 9 to 11.
The Delhi High Court in a notification issued today vested additional powers in the judges to commit, allot and transfer cases of both civil and criminal nature.
The judicial officers who have been redesignated by the High Court Chief Justice D Murugesan and other judges are: PS Teji (earlier District Judge and ASJ East), IS Mehta (New Delhi), Deepa Sharma (South West and Airports), AK Chawla (North), SK Sarvaria (North West), OP Gupta (West), RK Gauba (South and South East) and JR Aryan (North East).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world