94 rogue bikers penalised in Delhi
New Delhi: A day after errant bikers ran riot on the streets of the city throwing traffic out of gear, the Delhi police cracked its whip and fined 94 rogue bikers while impounding 18 vehicles in a checking drive.
According to the police, the drive started at around 11 pm and continued till 5 in the morning during which a total of 999 vehicles were checked at more than 40 checking points set up at major traffic junctions including Connaught Place, India Gate, Barakhamba Road, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Rafi Marg in the city.
Although Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) SBS Tyagi claimed that today`s drive was not in response of yesterday`s incident but agreed to the fact that they were not accepting such hooliganism on Monday night.
"We had already planned to carry out a drive today. We were not expecting such an incident last night," he said.
A group of bikers had performed risky stunts at the stretch of RML hospital to Parliament Street police station on the intervening night of Monday and Tuesday.
Taking advantage of the rush at Gurdwara Rakabganj and Gurdwara Bangla Sahib to celebrate `Guru Parab`, stunt junkies had a field day.
Police had registered a case of damage to public property and rioting against unknown bikers. Some persons, reportedly, even pelted stones at cops but the officials could not identify any of the bikers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog