94 rogue bikers penalised in Delhi
New Delhi: A day after errant bikers ran riot on the streets of the city throwing traffic out of gear, the Delhi police cracked its whip and fined 94 rogue bikers while impounding 18 vehicles in a checking drive.
According to the police, the drive started at around 11 pm and continued till 5 in the morning during which a total of 999 vehicles were checked at more than 40 checking points set up at major traffic junctions including Connaught Place, India Gate, Barakhamba Road, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Rafi Marg in the city.
Although Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) SBS Tyagi claimed that today`s drive was not in response of yesterday`s incident but agreed to the fact that they were not accepting such hooliganism on Monday night.
"We had already planned to carry out a drive today. We were not expecting such an incident last night," he said.
A group of bikers had performed risky stunts at the stretch of RML hospital to Parliament Street police station on the intervening night of Monday and Tuesday.
Taking advantage of the rush at Gurdwara Rakabganj and Gurdwara Bangla Sahib to celebrate `Guru Parab`, stunt junkies had a field day.
Police had registered a case of damage to public property and rioting against unknown bikers. Some persons, reportedly, even pelted stones at cops but the officials could not identify any of the bikers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day