A Raja, Kalmadi welcome New Year in Tihar Jail
New Delhi: Disgraced politicians A Raja and Suresh Kalmadi welcomed 2012 in Tihar Jail with a special lunch: paneer, kheer, halwa and more.
The two VIP prisoners spoke to their families over telephone briefly, greeted fellow prisoners and accepted sweets from officials.
Only well behaved prisoners are allowed to use the phone.
The prisoners also got special food to mark New Year: vegetable curry with paneer, kheer, halwa, puri, parathas and pulao.
Raja has been lodged there since February 2011 for his alleged role in the 2G spectrum scam. Kalmadi was arrested in April last year for alleged irregularities in the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
Tihar Jail houses more than 12,000 prisoners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!