A woman, two men held in attempt to murder case
New Delhi: A woman was arrested along with
two of her male accomplices for allegedly attempting to kill
her business associate for "eyeing" her daughter and property,
police said today.
The woman Sudesh, alleged contract killer Jaideep and her
relative Sandeep were apprehended for a murderous assault on
Vikram Singh in Janakpuri District Centre on April 12, Deputy
Commissioner of Police (West) Sharad Aggarwal said.
Singh was shot at allegedly by Jaideep, who was given a
contract by Sudesh to kill him.
"Singh told us he felt that a contractor in Haryana could
be behind the incident. However, investigations led to
Sudesh," Aggarwal said.
Police, meanwhile, received information that Jaipal, a
Bareilly resident who was recently released from the jail, has
taken shelter in Palam in south-west Delhi. He was arrested on
Jaipal told his interrogators that Sudesh and Sandeep had
hired him for murdering Singh for Rs 7.50 lakh out of which Rs
1.8 lakh was paid as advance. Following this, Sudesh and
Sandeep were placed under arrest, Aggarwal said.
"Singh was one of Sudesh`s associates in property
dealing. He was demanding money and allegedly had an eye on
her property. Sudesh also claimed that Singh was having a `bad
eye` on her daughter," Aggarwal said.
"He pressurised her to meet his demands, due to which she
decided to eliminate him. She hatched a conspiracy with her
cousin Sandeep. Sandeep hired Jaideep as a contract killer to
murder Vikram," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city