AA flight makes emergency landing at IGI
New Delhi: A Chicago-bound American
Airlines flight with 246 passengers and crew onboard Tuesday
landed under emergency conditions due to technical problem in
one of its engines soon after it took off from IGI airport
All passengers onboard the Boeing 777 aircraft were
safe, an American Airline spokesperson said.
The American Airlines Flight 293 took off from Delhi
at 12:25 AM and was airborne at 12:47 AM.
But 10 minutes later, the captain informed the Delhi
airport authorities that he would be making emergency landing
because right engine of the aircraft was experiencing problem
with the electrical generator system, the spokesperson said.
The aircraft landed safely after dumping fuel, the
spokesperson said, adding all the passengers were provided
American Airlines operates daily direct flights
between New Delhi and Chicago.
"The aircraft landed back safely and that all required
safety procedures and emergency landing procedures were
carried out by airport fire and medical service," an airport
The aircraft is undergoing technical repairs and the
flight is likely to take off again for Chicago by at 1900
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'