Aadhaar card mandatory for accessing Delhi govt services
New Delhi: Aadhaar card was made mandatory from today for accessing various services provided by Delhi government like marriage registration, property registration and issuance of domicile certificate.
"Aadhaar card has been made compulsory from on Tuesday for accessing government services," a top official said.
The Revenue Department yesterday issued a notification making it mandatory for all citizens to have Aadhaar card for accessing government services.
The official said if somebody has enrolled for National Population Registrar (NPR), then he or she can access the services producing the NPR details.
He said people not having Aadhaar number at present will be able to access government services on enrolment of the same at designated Aadhaar registration centres.
"With the enrolment details, government will provide the services to the applicants," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks