Aadhaar card mandatory for accessing Delhi govt services
New Delhi: Aadhaar card was made mandatory from today for accessing various services provided by Delhi government like marriage registration, property registration and issuance of domicile certificate.
"Aadhaar card has been made compulsory from on Tuesday for accessing government services," a top official said.
The Revenue Department yesterday issued a notification making it mandatory for all citizens to have Aadhaar card for accessing government services.
The official said if somebody has enrolled for National Population Registrar (NPR), then he or she can access the services producing the NPR details.
He said people not having Aadhaar number at present will be able to access government services on enrolment of the same at designated Aadhaar registration centres.
"With the enrolment details, government will provide the services to the applicants," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter