Aadhaar card mandatory for accessing Delhi govt services
New Delhi: Aadhaar card was made mandatory from today for accessing various services provided by Delhi government like marriage registration, property registration and issuance of domicile certificate.
"Aadhaar card has been made compulsory from on Tuesday for accessing government services," a top official said.
The Revenue Department yesterday issued a notification making it mandatory for all citizens to have Aadhaar card for accessing government services.
The official said if somebody has enrolled for National Population Registrar (NPR), then he or she can access the services producing the NPR details.
He said people not having Aadhaar number at present will be able to access government services on enrolment of the same at designated Aadhaar registration centres.
"With the enrolment details, government will provide the services to the applicants," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak