Aadhaar card mandatory for accessing Delhi govt services
New Delhi: Aadhaar card was made mandatory from today for accessing various services provided by Delhi government like marriage registration, property registration and issuance of domicile certificate.
"Aadhaar card has been made compulsory from on Tuesday for accessing government services," a top official said.
The Revenue Department yesterday issued a notification making it mandatory for all citizens to have Aadhaar card for accessing government services.
The official said if somebody has enrolled for National Population Registrar (NPR), then he or she can access the services producing the NPR details.
He said people not having Aadhaar number at present will be able to access government services on enrolment of the same at designated Aadhaar registration centres.
"With the enrolment details, government will provide the services to the applicants," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read