Aam Aadmi Party declares candidates for Shahdara, Tilak Nagar
New Delhi: Moving ahead with its preparations for the upcoming Delhi Assembly polls slated later this year, Aam Aadmi Party on Wednesday announced its candidates for Shahdara and Tilak Nagar Assembly constituencies.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led party has announced Surender Sharma, an advocate, and Jarnail Singh, a businessman, as its candidates for Shahdara and Tilak Nagar Assembly Constituencies, AAP party release said.
With this, the list of AAP candidates has reached 42, who would contest in all the 70 Assembly constituencies of Delhi.
Sharma, an advocate in Karkardooma court, is also a social activist and had fought legal battles for water rights of common man, especially for the residents of Shahdara.
He had filed a writ petition which led to implementation of Water Master Plan 2011-21, in which there is a provision for building 52 water reservoirs across Delhi.
The water master plan also has provisions for supplying water to Delhi from Renuka Dam in Himachal Pradesh and Munak Canal from Haryana, which when implemented could reduce the water woes of the capital, the party said.
The 33-year-old Jarnail Singh, an owner of water purification plant, had been an active member of party, right from its inception.
AAP had announced the names of retired Delhi Police constable, former Congress and BJP leaders, activists, family of freedom fighters, former NSG commando and defence officers as its candidates for the Delhi Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly