Aam Aadmi Party forms forum of industrialists
New Delhi: To woo traders ahead of Delhi elections, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Thursday formed a forum of industrialists and businessmen.
Young businessman Brijesh Goyal who was earlier associated with the Jan Lokpal movement will be its coordinator and Mahendra Goyal the president of the body which has been named Delhi Industry Trade Division.
Speaking at the function, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal said 99 percent people want to live an honest life but today`s politics forces them to take up corrupt ways.
"We want to bring a government model under which a common trader can live and do his business respectfully," he said.
Kejriwal said if AAP comes to power, it will frame policies under which traders will be considered honest and not thieves.
Another AAP member Manish Sisodia said the policies of BJP and Congress have broken the back of traders of Delhi.
"They have opened Indian markets for China under WTO agreements due to which the common man is getting low quality while small businessman and cottage industries have been destroyed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested