Aam Aadmi Party forms forum of industrialists
New Delhi: To woo traders ahead of Delhi elections, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Thursday formed a forum of industrialists and businessmen.
Young businessman Brijesh Goyal who was earlier associated with the Jan Lokpal movement will be its coordinator and Mahendra Goyal the president of the body which has been named Delhi Industry Trade Division.
Speaking at the function, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal said 99 percent people want to live an honest life but today`s politics forces them to take up corrupt ways.
"We want to bring a government model under which a common trader can live and do his business respectfully," he said.
Kejriwal said if AAP comes to power, it will frame policies under which traders will be considered honest and not thieves.
Another AAP member Manish Sisodia said the policies of BJP and Congress have broken the back of traders of Delhi.
"They have opened Indian markets for China under WTO agreements due to which the common man is getting low quality while small businessman and cottage industries have been destroyed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani
- Vijay Mallya to be declared PO if he doesn't turn up by July 27
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!