Aam Aadmi Party is B team of Congress: Harsh Vardhan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party leader Dr Harsh Vardhan on Wednesday reportedly called the Aam Aadmi Party as the B team of Congress and asked it to clear whether it wants to form government in the national capital.
"It seems that AAP is a B team of the Congress party. It started its innings in politics on high moral ground but nothing is visible on the ground yet," he said while addressing a press conference here, as per a news report.
The BJP leader reportedly further took a dig at AAP and said that now was the time for the party to make good its promises on power and water bills, as it had claimed.
He also said that Kejriwal should make his stance clear on the issue of formation of the government so that BJP can then accordingly speak to the Lieutenant Governor and seek President`s rule, the report stated.
Prior to the elections and also immediately after the results were declared on December 08, AAP had maintained that it will neither offer support to BJP or Congress nor would it take support from them.
Later, AAP had sent identical letters to Sonia Gandhi and Rajnath Singh and sought assurances that both parties will back 18 points if the AAP were to form a government and end the capital`s political stalemate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family