Aam Aadmi Party is B team of Congress: Harsh Vardhan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party leader Dr Harsh Vardhan on Wednesday reportedly called the Aam Aadmi Party as the B team of Congress and asked it to clear whether it wants to form government in the national capital.
"It seems that AAP is a B team of the Congress party. It started its innings in politics on high moral ground but nothing is visible on the ground yet," he said while addressing a press conference here, as per a news report.
The BJP leader reportedly further took a dig at AAP and said that now was the time for the party to make good its promises on power and water bills, as it had claimed.
He also said that Kejriwal should make his stance clear on the issue of formation of the government so that BJP can then accordingly speak to the Lieutenant Governor and seek President`s rule, the report stated.
Prior to the elections and also immediately after the results were declared on December 08, AAP had maintained that it will neither offer support to BJP or Congress nor would it take support from them.
Later, AAP had sent identical letters to Sonia Gandhi and Rajnath Singh and sought assurances that both parties will back 18 points if the AAP were to form a government and end the capital`s political stalemate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today