Aam Aadmi Party leader on life support; Arvind Kejriwal cries foul
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: An Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate for the coming Assembly Elections in Delhi, whose motorcycle was hit by a speeding car on Sunday, is in a critical condition, a report said on Monday.
Koli, who has undergone a head surgery, is on life support.
She was seriously injured when a speeding car rammed into the motorcycle on which she was riding pillion. The accident occurred near Kaushambi Metro station under Link Road police station of Ghaziabad.
Fuelling conspiracy theory of attempt to murder, Aam Admi Party chief Arvind said today: "We don`t have any proof, but we suspect that its not a normal accident. Investigation is needed."
After the incident, Kejriwal had tweeted yesterday: "Santosh Koli, our candidate from Seemapuri constituency, hit by a car. She is in v critical condition. Pl pray for her...Is it an accident? Or deliberate?"
Koli is the AAP`s candidate from Seemapuri Assembly constituency in Delhi.
The motorcycle, which was being driven by Kuldeep, caught fire. He is also critically injured. The car driver escaped.
"Santosh has been an active leader of the party in Sundar Nagari. (AAP chief) Arvind Kejriwal staged an agitation from her residence against inflated power bills," said party leader Manish Sisodia.
"A case of attempt to murder and rash driving has been registered against the car driver," police said.
Meanwhile, Koli`s father, who was inconsolable, told reporters that he didn`t know who was behind the incident.
(With IANS inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical