Aam Aadmi Party leader on life support; Arvind Kejriwal cries foul
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: An Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate for the coming Assembly Elections in Delhi, whose motorcycle was hit by a speeding car on Sunday, is in a critical condition, a report said on Monday.
Koli, who has undergone a head surgery, is on life support.
She was seriously injured when a speeding car rammed into the motorcycle on which she was riding pillion. The accident occurred near Kaushambi Metro station under Link Road police station of Ghaziabad.
Fuelling conspiracy theory of attempt to murder, Aam Admi Party chief Arvind said today: "We don`t have any proof, but we suspect that its not a normal accident. Investigation is needed."
After the incident, Kejriwal had tweeted yesterday: "Santosh Koli, our candidate from Seemapuri constituency, hit by a car. She is in v critical condition. Pl pray for her...Is it an accident? Or deliberate?"
Koli is the AAP`s candidate from Seemapuri Assembly constituency in Delhi.
The motorcycle, which was being driven by Kuldeep, caught fire. He is also critically injured. The car driver escaped.
"Santosh has been an active leader of the party in Sundar Nagari. (AAP chief) Arvind Kejriwal staged an agitation from her residence against inflated power bills," said party leader Manish Sisodia.
"A case of attempt to murder and rash driving has been registered against the car driver," police said.
Meanwhile, Koli`s father, who was inconsolable, told reporters that he didn`t know who was behind the incident.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch