Aam Aadmi Party leader on life support; Arvind Kejriwal cries foul
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: An Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate for the coming Assembly Elections in Delhi, whose motorcycle was hit by a speeding car on Sunday, is in a critical condition, a report said on Monday.
Koli, who has undergone a head surgery, is on life support.
She was seriously injured when a speeding car rammed into the motorcycle on which she was riding pillion. The accident occurred near Kaushambi Metro station under Link Road police station of Ghaziabad.
Fuelling conspiracy theory of attempt to murder, Aam Admi Party chief Arvind said today: "We don`t have any proof, but we suspect that its not a normal accident. Investigation is needed."
After the incident, Kejriwal had tweeted yesterday: "Santosh Koli, our candidate from Seemapuri constituency, hit by a car. She is in v critical condition. Pl pray for her...Is it an accident? Or deliberate?"
Koli is the AAP`s candidate from Seemapuri Assembly constituency in Delhi.
The motorcycle, which was being driven by Kuldeep, caught fire. He is also critically injured. The car driver escaped.
"Santosh has been an active leader of the party in Sundar Nagari. (AAP chief) Arvind Kejriwal staged an agitation from her residence against inflated power bills," said party leader Manish Sisodia.
"A case of attempt to murder and rash driving has been registered against the car driver," police said.
Meanwhile, Koli`s father, who was inconsolable, told reporters that he didn`t know who was behind the incident.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers