Aam Aadmi Party should form govt in Delhi with Congress: Baba Ramdev
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party stayed resolute in opting for sitting in Opposition, yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Wednesday asked why is AAP not forming a government in Delhi.
The AAP has pledged to neither give nor take legislative backing from anyone.
As uncertainty over government formation continued after elections threw up a hung Assembly, the Congress -- which won only eight seats -- appeared wary of another election which could devastate it further in the city.
"Did Kejriwal only want to show his power or he wanted to serve people," asked Baba Ramdev, adding that AAP should form government with the support of Congress.
He said Kejriwal is not forming the government because he cannot deliver on the promises that he had made.
The Bharatiya Janata Party, the single largest group in the 70-seat house with 31 members, as well as the AAP, which won 28 seats in its very first election, have refused to form a government.
Meanwhile, a snap poll on Tuesday said most people in Delhi want the one-year-old AAP, which took birth following the anti-corruption campaign of Gandhian Anna Hazare, to form a government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi