Aam Aadmi Party should form govt in Delhi with Congress: Baba Ramdev
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party stayed resolute in opting for sitting in Opposition, yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Wednesday asked why is AAP not forming a government in Delhi.
The AAP has pledged to neither give nor take legislative backing from anyone.
As uncertainty over government formation continued after elections threw up a hung Assembly, the Congress -- which won only eight seats -- appeared wary of another election which could devastate it further in the city.
"Did Kejriwal only want to show his power or he wanted to serve people," asked Baba Ramdev, adding that AAP should form government with the support of Congress.
He said Kejriwal is not forming the government because he cannot deliver on the promises that he had made.
The Bharatiya Janata Party, the single largest group in the 70-seat house with 31 members, as well as the AAP, which won 28 seats in its very first election, have refused to form a government.
Meanwhile, a snap poll on Tuesday said most people in Delhi want the one-year-old AAP, which took birth following the anti-corruption campaign of Gandhian Anna Hazare, to form a government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble