Aam Admi Party `B` team of Cong: BJP
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Tuesday termed Aam Admi Party as `B` team of Congress and accused the new entrant in the political fray of trying to defame Anna Hazare like the ruling party was doing and questioned its source of funding.
"We have always maintained Aam Aadmi Party is `B` team of Congress. AAP has been working to discredit Anna Hazare as has been done by Congress. Recent developments prove this," Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel said.
Goel`s criticism of AAP came a day after a man claiming to be Anna Hazare supporter and BJP activist from Maharashtra, threw black paint on Arvind Kejriwal and other members of the party.
"AAP is trying to mislead the people of Delhi in the garb of fighting corruption and noble ideals of governance. The reality is that AAP is using huge amount of unaccounted money to fund its poll campaign in Delhi. But, it must remember that merely by resorting to rhetoric, it cannot befool the people of Delhi," Goel said.
Slamming Kejriwal, the BJP leader said the AAP leader`s "actions and conduct" have raised many questions over the very purpose of the party.
"AAP should come out clean on these questions especially those related to misuse of India Against Corruption fund, receiving illegal donations for the party and projecting Anna Hazare as an associate member of the AAP," he said.
"Jan Manch, formed by the activists of India Against Corruption has charged Kejriwal with embezzlement of donation money during Anna Hazare`s movement. Now, Anna himself has questioned misuse of the funds," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city