AAP accuses Modi of misleading people of Delhi
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party Thursday accused BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi of "misleading" people of Delhi and distorting facts about the imposition of President`s rule in the national capital.
"Modi has made an unsuccessful attempt to mislead the people of Delhi by distorting and hiding facts about the imposition of President`s rule in the national capital. In his speech on Wednesday evening, he betrayed his nervousness by presenting half baked facts about the Delhi assembly and AAP," AAP said in a press statement.
Attacking the AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal, Modi had said in a rally in East Delhi yesterday that AAP is the `B` team of Congress.
"This is a unique alliance between Congress and Congress-B. First run the government with Congress support and then resign to help Congress across the country with your campaign. It (AAP) also allowed Congress to run Delhi by back door through the Governor.
"Despite being routed in (Delhi assembly) election, Congress is back to power through the Governor. This is the `B` team of Congress. Its aim is to help Congress," Modi had said.
AAP`s statement said while the Gujarat chief minister blamed the AAP for this situation (President`s rule), he had conveniently chosen not to spell out the BJP`s stand on the imposition of President`s rule in Delhi.
"His party has been surprisingly silent on the issue since February 14 and the people of the national capital are eagerly awaiting the BJP`s response before the Supreme Court on March 31.
"It is the AAP which has challenged the Congress-led UPA`s Central government decision of keeping the assembly in suspended animation in the Supreme Court and not Modi and his party, despite a volley of irresponsible allegations levelled by him," the press statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire